Infographic text included for screen readers:
Stay connected with students, no matter what happens. Learn what you can do to provide engaging educational experiences using secure, virtual classroom technologies.
Understand what you need and want in a virtual learning solution. Here are a few examples.
A space to collaborate, share materials and chat. Students shouldn’t have to sacrifice the benefits of a dynamic classroom environment when learning remotely. With the right tools, you can give them a virtual space that is flexible and encourages enriching interactions.
The ability to record videos or lessons. Recorded lessons can be part of a homework assignment or preparation for a daily classroom activity. For those students who are unable to attend a live classroom session, recordings give them the opportunity to stay up to date.
Simple calendaring and video meeting capabilities. It’s important to offer one-on-one time with students, just like you would on campus and/or in office hours. The same tools may be used to host regular or ad hoc faculty meetings to connect around the topics that matter.
Choose the right IT solutions.
Find the platforms that deliver the capabilities and security you need. Explore Cisco® solutions.
Cisco security solutions
Ensure a safe and secure virtual learning environment that only grants access to authorized users.
- CloudLock® This Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) protects your cloud users, data and apps with machine learning threat detection, data loss prevention technology and app security.
- Umbrella Extend protection to devices, remote users and distributed locations anywhere. Umbrella provides DNS-layer security and multiple security services in the cloud.
- Duo Meet the user-friendly, zero-trust security platform for all devices and applications, with identity and access controls, multifactor authentication and single signon.
- Identity Services Engine (ISE) Cisco ISE enables a dynamic and automated approach to policy enforcement for highly secure network access control and easy network segmentation within IT environments.
Webex makes it easy for students to have access to classroom information and faculty in real-time.
- Crystal-clear audio and video for the virtual classroom
- Digital whiteboarding, co-editing and interactive polling
- 1:1 meeting rooms, group messaging and file sharing
- Integration with LMS, including Moodle® , Blackboard® , Sakai® , Canvas® , and D2L
- MP4 recordings can be created and viewed on-demand
- Strong encryption to meet the most stringent security requirements
Prepare your community and IT environment.
Secure buy-in. Get everyone on board. Communicate plans with all faculty, administrators, students and parents. Attend to special needs such as hearing impaired, by planning for accessibility settings and integrations.
Ensure technical readiness. It’s key to make sure your IT environment is properly setup for virtual learning and security solutions. Insight can help, with comprehensive IT services for education.
Train all users. Your educational community needs to know how best to use the new tools. Insight and Cisco can help you provide each user group with the resources, tips and user experiences they need to be successful.
Ask us about how you can receive a Webex license trial — on us.
Talk to an expert
Waste no time.
Spare nothing in your approach to quality education. Let Insight and Cisco support you in building or securing your virtual learning environment.