Infographic text included for screen readers:
Network Modernization From Insight
Modern, secure and effective IT
Modern technologies. Meaningful outcomes.
Learn how Insight uses the latest networking technologies to create an efficient, secure, accessible network to drive results that benefit our clients and those they serve. Here’s how:
Software-Defined Wide Area Networks (SD-WANs) and other software-defined solutions are more flexible and manageable than traditional wide area network architectures. They enhance network performance, create visibility and control, simplify management and improve interconnectivity between network locations.
Traditionally, compute, storage, virtualization and Disaster Recovery (DR) functions were on separate technology platforms. Converged infrastructure combines these functions in one easily scalable technology, making it easier to monitor security and performance across functions and enabling capacity expansion as organizational requirements change.
Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be incorporated to ensure an added layer of security. Behavioral analytics tools capable of monitoring user personas ensure network access by identifying suspicious activity, while AI works to identify, flag and contain any threat.
Network visibility and access control
Identity services solutions enforce compliance, enhance infrastructure security and streamline service operations by gathering real-time contextual information from networks, users and devices to make proactive governance decisions that protect the network.
Access solutions including Local Area Networks (LANs), WAN, wireless, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and other modern access solutions deliver an incredibly accessible, reliable network connection for all users, regardless of location.
With more devices across a wider geographical scope, malware, ransomware and DNS attacks have increased as the workforce has become more dispersed. Enabling protection at the endpoint level with firewalls helps ensure data, users, devices and networks remain secure.
Benefits of network modernization
Insight network solutions promote comprehensive integration for efficiency, improved threat mitigation and more opportunities for collaboration. Our teams help businesses realize business outcomes that make a difference:
- Increased executive visibility
- Improved security capability and lower risk
- Greater operational efficiency and better cost control
- Stronger alignment of business needs and network investments
- Streamlined processes and reduced user fatigue
The need for modern network technologies
- Control- Create a more defensible network infrastructure that prioritizes and protects clients, employees, endpoints and data.
- Cost-containment- Reduce complexity by replacing outdated IT with modern solutions to help pay off technical debt with efficiencies that reduce costs overall.
- Connectivity- In today’s work-anywhere environment, organizations need network solutions that deliver secure and reliable connectivity wherever employees work.
- Replace outdated technologies with next-generation network infrastructure.
- Bring cloud compute capabilities closer to end users and devices.
- Create better performance for mission-critical applications.
- Implement security features, including firewalls and Host Information Profiling (HIP).
- Design for Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and Zero Trust methodologies.
- Focus on comprehensive security compliance.
- Reduce hardware footprint with converged networking infrastructure.
- Optimize network for modern applications.
- Lower cost of ownership and operations.
- Simplify network infrastructure.
- Identify bottlenecks and access changes in demands for technology.
- Automate business processes to improve business operations.
Why Insight for network modernization
- Deep expertise:
- Our expertise results from successful transformations of networks supporting critical services for thousands of satisfied client organizations.
- Fit-for-purpose physical designs:
- Our physical designs address a holistic set of network requirements for each location:
- Final wireless design and AP placement
- Detailed network closet design
- Networking Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Cabling BOM
- Detailed implementation instructions per closet
- Leveraging tailored templates:
- These templates use proven methodology and are adapted to meet client needs.
- Survey templates
- Design templates
- Dedicated and highly experienced implementation team for network modernization:
- Our traveling teams are familiar with adjacent systems such as:
- User portals
- Mobile apps
- 3D printing
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Artificial intelligence
- IoT devices
- Automated technology
- Education platforms
- Knowledge of local conditions on a national scale:
- Our teams are able to leverage experience of challenges faced in transforming facility network infrastructure across all 50 states and Canada, including:
- Weather/extreme weather
- Transport routes
- Local policy/legislation
- Deep knowledge of various organizational sectors:
- Our expertise includes mapping common types of business systems, processes and practices to the network infrastructure required to support them.
- Proven state-of-the-art methodology:
- Our methodologies involve standardized, proven processes, with a high degree of flexibility to customize design and delivery to best meet the individual needs of each client.
- Targeted surveys and assessments:
- Surveys and assessments are focused on current and future needs of the client and facility:
- Predictive wireless design
- Wireless surveys and remediation recommendations
- Wireless design validation (on-site)
- AP placement
- Cable pathways and lengths
- Current infrastructure
- Closet surveys — Cabinets (size/depth), network devices
- Cabling — Copper matrix and fiber identification
- Environmental — Electrical, AC/heat, lighting
- Backup power