The people who went home to work in March 2020 aren’t the same as those coming back to the office in 2022. Today’s employees have great expectations for what they want out of work, and flexibility and wellbeing have become non-negotiables. Understanding and keeping pace with new expectations are key to making hybrid work work.
Five trends business leaders need to know in 2022
- Employees have a new “worth it” equation.
- Managers feel wedged between leadership and employee expectations.
- Leaders need to make the office worth the commute.
- Flexible work doesn’t have to mean “always on.”
- Rebuilding social capital looks different in a hybrid world.
"Because everyone is working at different times and in different places, it’s important to shift as much work as you can to be asynchronous and get really intentional about the use of the synchronous time you have together”