Infographic text included for screen readers:
Brick by Brick: Anatomy of a Solutions Integrator
Mind the gap
Technology brands & Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
Technology brands build products, but need a third party with the right technical capabilities to help customers:
- Innovate and build on top of products.
- Tailor products to specific needs.
- Maximize product value to drive adoption.
Solutions Integrator fills the gap
84% of organizations rely on a third-party IT partner to plan and/or execute digital transformation strategies1[VJ2]
Companies invest in technology products to support their business, but need help from a third party to:
- Fill a knowledge/skills gap.
- Expertly integrate products & solutions.
- Optimize technology use and maximize value.
- Plan and/or execute digital transformation.
What is a Solutions Integrator?
A Solutions Integrator is an emerging technology partner category. They help organizations architect, acquire, connect, automate, secure and manage technology to serve their business ambitions.
A Solutions Integrator leads the way, strategically maps your technology ecosystem, breaks down technology silos and manages any IT initiative from a holistic vantage point.
From many, to one.
A Solutions Integrator: connecting all the right pieces
A Solutions Integrator provides a comprehensive solution to a business problem by combining the power of people, process and technology. Unique to other technology partners, a Solutions Integrator offers vast technology expertise, a comprehensive portfolio of services and deep partnerships with leading vendors.
One technology partner. End-to-end solutions and services.
- Advisory services to assess current-state and create a strategic IT roadmap
- Strategic, architectural and operational
- May have expertise in select industries, prohibiting their ability to draw on unique solutions in other verticals
- Recommends what a company should do, but can’t provide the how
A Solutions Integrator has vast industry expertise and a depth of knowledge to provide holistic technology strategy, in-house talent and partnerships for execution.
Value-Added Reseller (VAR)
- Is focused on procurement, a traditional VAR is a hardware and software reseller with additional services attached (such as implementation or maintenance).
- Acts as the conduit between your business and the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and software publisher ecosystems.
- May bundle hardware and software for “one-stop-shop” technology.
- Can customize Individual Software Vendor (ISV) products for added value (but typically only for a single product or use case).
- Can’t provide strategic planning or systems integration.
- Can’t deliver on digital innovation initiatives.
A Solutions Integrator provides the built-in benefits of a VAR, plus strategic planning, vendor-agnostic recommendations and integration expertise.
Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- Offers management, maintenance and support for networking, security, applications, mobility and/or infrastructure on a proactive and as-needed basis.
- Provides subscription services to enable an OpEx financial model.
- Is a cost-effective IT outsourcing option, especially for small business.
- Can fill knowledge gaps or provide additional support for newer technologies.
- Is not designed to work in partnership with internal IT teams.
- Has limited flexibility and expertise.
- Can provide siloed IT decisions.
A Solutions Integrator, like Insight, has the scale, expertise, methodologies and tools to relieve the business of daily operational demands in key areas:
- Cloud management
- Security and governance
- Workforce technologies
- Core stack
Systems Integrator (SI)
- Combines disparate hardware, software, networking or storage solutions into an integrated computing system.
- Specializes in planning, coordinating, implementing, testing, improving and sometimes maintaining large-scale technology projects.
- Creates the platform for innovation.
- Is not suitable for small or mid-size organizations.
- May have a limited scope of expertise.
A Solutions Integrator works on projects of varying scales and not only creates the platform for innovation, but also has the experience and capability to digitally innovate.
A Solutions Integrator connects all the pieces to unlock the power of people and technology.
- Technology procurement
- Deep partner relationships
- Modern platforms
- Innovation capabilities
1 Insight and Foundry. (Feb. 2023). The Path to Digital Transformation: Where Leaders Stand in 2023.